Monday, January 10, 2011

After Two Years... It's About Time For An Update

Holy Wow - I can't believe that I haven't written in here for over 2 years! Actually, I can. And I know that I have thought about updating this thing, and never got around to it - so that's my own fault.

You know, as a kid, your parents are always telling you how life just flies by and you think they are insane - there is no way that time flies when it seems like the days last forever, and the time on the clock only refers to the times you wake up or are supposed to be in bed. And on the odd occasion, to watch something on TV - because it's your favourite show. Other than that, you just can't wait to grow up, and you can't wait to start your life. Live on your own, make your own decisions, no more curfew, and all that. It's not really until you're finished post secondary and have your own kids that you realize that your parents weren't crazy and that life really does fly by in the blink of an eye! Just another kick in the butt... parents are almost always right XD

So that being said, It's almost been 2 years since my little Sephora has been here, and I'll tell you, nothing in my life has flown by as fast as watching her grow up! It's something that you don't really think about when they are first born, but I'll say, after the first 3 months, someone hits the fast forward on life, and I doubt that is ever going to turn off now. Oh well, that's alright, I'm learning something new everyday with her, and just watching her learn and seeing how smart she is is mind boggling! People really underestimate children - they are a lot smarter than people allow them to be. I also don't think it has anything to do with certain children being 'gifted' - but how they are raised. I keep the TV off in the mornings, we read, put puzzles together, sing songs, and now that she's a little older, we'll start making crafts. At 20 months, she can say certain words in English, and Spanish (thanks to Dora the Explorer) - not too bad for a toddler. I plan to have her learning some Italian too, and of course, French is part of her future, so long as she is in school in Canada, or so I hope. I'm not sure how the Western Provinces fair with French, but I hope it's better than worse. Either way, back on topic, children are a lot smarter than we give them credit for, and I plan to be one of the people that prove that.

Does it ever feel nice to speak my mind in this blog again! It's been way too long. Now that Sephora is older, I have a little more time to myself when she's playing on her own (which is always a riot to watch! It's amazing how she understands herself - I wish I could understand her more!), I can write a little more often on here. I have a whole post set out in my mind, but I think I'll save that one for another day :) I think all I said here is an ear full, and I know I'll be back more often now, so I might as well save my thoughts for then :)

A Bientot!

Rebecca

1 comment:

josh said...

hello beautiful great post i will keep reading them. love you lots and cant wait to see you again my love give sephora lots of kisses for me