Monday, November 5, 2007

-I Want To Change The World-

Well, it's been about a week since my test drive experience, and really, it was awesome.

I guess that all my life (the 19 years that I've been around for) all I really wanted to do was make a difference, make the world a better place. Somewhere for everyone, where no one is judged on the physical. Perhaps that's just a fantasy, and maybe I'm crazy. It's up to you, on what you think. I think that the world would be a much better place if everyone would work together, help each other and gave the same amount of respect to others as they expect back. Pretty simple, uh? Well, if it's so easy, then why can't everyone take the time out of their lives to help someone or do something nice for someone they don't even know? I can't say that I'm perfect at this either, because there are days when I don't want to have anything to do with anyone, and I just want to be left alone.

Anyways, back to what I was saying... It's been a long week, and I have learned a lot, and had a lot of things to do... all of which I'm totally stoked to do, especially because I feel like I've changed the world in someway, even if it is only little. I realize now that there are people in the world who care about me, and love me for who I am, and they are proud of my accomplishments, as I should be. I think it was the fact that after I suggested the Male/Female test drivers that I realized that I really can make a difference, even if it only starts in one person's life, because one person is always better than none. Perhaps part of what let me see this is all the praise I recieved, and wasn't ever even expecting it. I just wanted to do something right, and I know that if it were me, I wouldn't last too long in that field, especially since the field is so male dominated.

So, not only do I feel like I changed the 'world' for the better, I also realize that from here on in, I'll have to stick it out there and get my kudos, just like anyone else.

Anyways, it's late and I'm tired. So night to all. Updates again soon.

Cheers

Rebecca

No comments: