Thursday, April 24, 2008

-There's Nothing Left, We're Just A Shadow Of What We Used To Be-

-There's Nothing Left, We're Just a Shadow Of What We Used To Be-
-Simple Plan

I think that this has to be one of my most favorite lyrics, from my favorite band. Before you start giving me funny looks, read the words in the lyrics, one by one. Now, doesn't that strike you as relevant in some way, shape or form, right in your own life? Think about it... it's about change, it about growing apart, but there is still something there, just like a shadow. I guess it's kinda morbid, but I find it kind of comforting that I'm not the only one that has felt like this... they just put it in words. Now, if you read the rest of the lyrics, you'll find out that the song, Holding On, is about not losing the relationship, and all the memories keep them 'holding on'. Now, before anyone starts barking up my tree, I want to make it clear that this isn't the way I feel about my relationship at all. More so, my friendships, and the people I have left behind, moving or otherwise. I also look at any of my friends and family that have been divorced, especially my boyfriend's, because I have so many questions to ask. The most common that I ask is; "How can they talk about each other, with out hurting inside?" I don't know, all I know is that those people will always be part of their memories... like a shadow. That also goes for their kids and the people around them, they remember and feel the shadows too. I don't know, sometimes I wonder about things that have no relevance to me, and I think about them too hard.

Either way, I guess it's something for people to think about, to be sure that life is lived to the fullest. Make sure that all ends are tied, and that you aren't missing out in anything in life, including not making 'shadows' of the people that mean a lot to you, now, and that will always be in your memories, no matter what.

A bientot
Rebecca

No comments: